Friday, November 29, 2013

How do you personally feel about leaving a baby in the car to grab coffee?

car news online on Wiggles Big Red Car fetches $35,700 at auction | Gladstone Observer
car news online image



Brielle


My friend runs into Starbucks almost every morning and leaves her 9 month old sleeping in the car. She has a keyless entry and always locks it and keeps it parked in the front where there are windows. I personally bring my kids in no matter how hard it is. What are your thoughts on this topic?


Answer
Makes me mad.

I understand believe me I do. You do not want to wake a sleeping baby. I've had friends who once sat in their driveway letting their baby sleep. lol

I've never done this. But one of my sister in laws did. Guess what? Someone called the police. Social services was called too. She was running in for cigarettes & her son was a toddler.

I don't like the idea of kids being left in cars either. A friend of mine online did this about 12yrs ago or so. One of her little ones got out of his toddler seat some how put the car in drive. It was left on so the heat would keep the van warm. The van rolled right into the side of a glass bank window. She made the nightly news. I even remember her sending me a link to read it online. She said her oldest who was I think 7 was watching her younger kids but personally I still felt it was very careless and dumb of her to do that.

There is never an excuse to leave young kids alone in the car. Same goes with the elderly. A friend of mine contacted police one day when she saw an old man sitting in a car alone with the windows up. It was midsummer here in GA & very hot. She actually stood outside waiting for the police to arrive and distracted the driver too when he came out of the store. The police gave a warning and that was it.

What is the best way to tint my car windows?




sensible_s


I would like to know how to tint my car so it doesn't look like crap and close to a professional or at least not a mess.


Answer
The typical way of doing it is to put your car in a dust free area, like a garage, and then clean your windows really well, inside and out. You will need a rubber squeegee , a spray bottle of water with a couple of drops of Pomalive dish washing soap, and a sharp exacto knife, and maybe some small hard rubber squeegee peaces to use in hard to get to spots. Spray down the outside of your newly cleaned window with the soapy water, and lay the window film onto it covering it all up and making sure that the glue side if facing you (do not remove the backing at this point). Cut the film to shape and then spray the inside of that very same window with the soapy water. Peel the backing off the tint and stick it to the inside of the window and slowly and firmly squeegee all the water out, sticking it to the window being careful not to make creases and bubbles. You will probably have to use your exacto knife to trim a little more around the edges. You cannot roll down the windows for about three days, so I hope you have working A/C in the car. This is to let the adhesive dry. Installing tint onto a car is a difficult job and takes practice. Good news though is I am finding vendors online and on Ebay that have the tint already pre-cut for your model car , and that will save you allot of time and problems. However, even with pre-cut it is still an art to install it perfect and if you have never done it before you are likely to mess up the first time. If you don't care about it being perfect or you got an old car or whatever, go for it, but if its a new car or its a situation where it has to be perfect, then save yourself allot of grief and goto a professional. The $100 you spend on the labor is more than worth it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment