Wednesday, November 13, 2013

How do I get a new radio code for my Renault Clio?

car info with reg on ... Cab for Sale - Stock #1874A | DealerRevs.com - Dealer Car Ad #23723655
car info with reg image






My battery went flat, and now I need a new radio code to listen to music in my car. So, who do I need to contact to retrieve one?
Thanks!



Answer
Get the service book for your car (the one that gets stamped when you have a service). On the first page is a load of info such as reg number, chassis number, date of registration. About the last thing on the list is radio code. If it is missing or wrong COMPLAIN to the main dealer who originally sold the car as new. REFUSE to pay the charge they want.
If you have no service book you may have to pay £10 to the Renault daeler,- but make sure you get the number incase history repeats itself.

How many valves does my car engine have?




James S


Hey, might be a quick question for niche brains... but mechanics IS NOT my strong point.

My car is: X Reg (2000) Volkswagen Polo, 1.4litre. What I want to know is how many valves? Just so I can buy the chrome decal thing for the back of the car (16V) etc... Do you need more info?

Thanks,
James.



Answer
You have a 16 valve (4 per 4 cyl)
Above answer is wrong. Yes you have an I-4 engine, but the engine is a 16V SOHC. But it might be a 8-valve if you have the baseline motor.

That is if you have a 2000 model year manufactured in 2000 or 1999 and the engine code is AFH. On the valve cover there will be all the information you need. If you have the base line engine it will probably have no cast-in (molded/rasied) lettering. If you have the hi-line engine it will say 16V, or 100PS, or AFH, or 16-valve SOHC.

That I am aware of the only Polo available with a DOHC was the 1.6L that shipped in European GTI models only.

**Chevy man: The Corvette C4 ZR1 (90-95) had a LT5 SOHC motor. The LT5 was recycled into the Northstar Cadillac engines L37 and L8 which usually have "Cadillac", "Northstar" and "SOHC 32V" or "DOHC 32v" on the intake covers




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment