Monday, November 11, 2013

I have a Driver's side car seat that has broken in two from the seat adjuster. Does anyone know how to fix it?

car repair info on Vacuum Gauge Tests | Car Repair Information From MasterTechMark
car repair info image



Charles P


I have a '99 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. The driver side seatadjuster has broken where the seat mounts to the adjuster itself.

I am looking for 1) a seat, or 2) a seat adjuster. 3) instructions on how to disassemble/ reassemble it. 4) a web site that may contain DIY info/videos on car repair, including interior work, as well as body work.

Does anyone sell this kind of thing online? Is there a forum for people who enjoy working on their own cars, or bedtter still the novice weekend mechanic?

At present it looks like a person may need special tools to remove the seat. Can this be true?

Any help will be Tremendously appreciated!



Answer
I'm a certified nut and I can help you. You must find a fetzer bracket for the seat. It's your only option without buying a new seat assembly.

Where Can I Read a Lot of Articles about Car Care Online?




Peppercorn


I am doing a writing project where I have to do research on a variety of car-related topics like car repair, buying a car, rentals, vehicle accessories and more. Does anyone know of a good site that has a lot of articles with good information I can use? Please donât give me any spammy or commercial sites. Iâm looking for reputable sites and I would rather have one site that has a lot of articles rather than having to go to a lot of different sites to get the info I need. Thanks ahead of time for your help on this guys!


Answer
There are lots of car sites online that have great info. I like some of the big auto parts stores like Napa and AutoZone as they have lots of guides. I am not a car person by any stretch, but I don't have a ton of money and need to avoid hefty mechanic bills wherever possible. The guides there are usually pretty easy to follow.

Another trick I have found is to search car enthusiasts forums. Those people really know their stuff, and I have found some helpful sites through there that didn't come up in my online searches. When you are on Google, click on search tools and select "discussions" and you will get responses from forums and blogs from people who genuinely love cars and trucks.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment