Monday, January 13, 2014

How do i get a license plate for my bicycle with an 80cc engine on it?

car info using vin number on VIN Track Mobile Kit - Barcode Mobile Applications
car info using vin number image



420Surfer


I live in California and I put an 80cc engine on my bike and I'm trying to make it street legal. All I need is a license plate and I have the receipts for the bike and the engine but I don't have a vin number so how do i register it? I called the dmv this morning and they were not taking calls and im impatient so dont tell me to call the dmv please. Thanks for any info you can give me.


Answer
You might not be able to register your bike because it is not in compliance with state and federal rules for safety and emissions. The was a time time when you could get a "special construction" designation for one off cars and bikes, but DMV stopped that practice in the 80's.

If the engine was smaller and you can still use the pedals as an alternative to the engine then it would come under the classification of "motorized bicycle" and "Are exempt from the motor vehicle financial responsibility, driver license, and moped plate requirements (VC §12804.9)." This is from the DMV.

i bought a car from a private seller. and now it wont start?




bo


i bought a car from a private seller yesterday. woke up this morning and it wont start. it will crank over but wont start. when i bought the car he told me that there was nothing wrong with it at all. well i called a repair shop they asked for the VIN number and they said that they checked the car the previous week for the same problem. is there anything i can do?


Answer
To clear the mud on some of the answers... used vehicle sales (especially private party) are ALWAYS deemed "as-is" unless noted in writing. Even if "as-is" is not written on the bill of sale, it's still as-is.

You "could" take the seller to court, but you would lose. You have to prove that they knew of an issue and withheld that info, and the vehicle having the issue earlier is not proof.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment