Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How much would you spend for a classic car project?

1970 car info on CAR blueprints - 1970 Mercedes-Benz E-Class W110 280SE Sedan blueprint
1970 car info image



Revvin' Re


Well, long story short, I bought a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle 4 Dr project in Irving for $1200.

Bit of info about the car:

Car wasn't running due to the 307 having a blown head gasket with the cylinder head being taken off as well. TH-350 trans was good, but probably needs to be gone through. Car was straight except for a black replacement fender and a passenger door ding.

Interior needed to be re-done but besides that, there wasn't a whole lot that this car needed to be on the road running. Car had all of the original headlights and tail-lights which were not fogged up at all. Car doesn't need paint, probably just going to clear coat it to preserve the patina. Actually, this car doesn't have any rust on the paint at all. Just some paint deterioration around the back quarter panels.

All in all, I have a $3500 budget for this car to be running, driving, and looking great. Kinda of nervous as this in my 1st classic car project so lets get it on! WHOOOOO!!! Fast N' Loud!



Answer
Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, your budget may be enough, or it may not be even 25% of what you need.

If you want a show car, in original condition, you can easily spend $2000 or more just on the interior. If you want a "play toy" then you can make this into a respectable, running car. Just redoing the seats should be in the $500 range

Rebuilding the engine (if you are doing most of the work yourself) is going to cost $500-$1000 depending on what needs to be done, and what has to be sent to the machine shop. I would just service the transmission (fluid and filter) unless it acts up. The TH 350 was fairly bulletproof.

Rather than clear coating the paint, I would consider a full repaint, especially seeing as you will need to paint the off color fender anyway., If you do the prep work yourself, you can get a good paint job for $800-$1000

Add $500 for a matched set of good tires, another $500 for brakes and other repairs, and you still should be in budget.

Do not expect to be able to sell this car at a profit, the 4 door does not bring nearly as much as a 2 door on the market

How to get Google search words highlighted in yellow inside the source?







For example. I would do a google search with three search words and I want to find info about red cars from the year 1970. So I'd write in search: Red cars 1970.

Okay, so now I get some search results and I click one of them. Now I get a wall of text with 20000 words and I don't want to read it all, because it's probably some useless info I'm not looking for. I want to find the location in this wall of text where my search words are or the reason why google gave me this site as a search result so I can move on to the next search result if this site doesn't have the info I'm looking for.

I know it's possible to have key words to be highlighted with a color in this 20000 word wall of text. I've seen people do this, but I never figured out how. I've tried to mess with google settings, but no help. I'd appreciate it very much if someone could tell me how to do this. Thanks.
Edit: SOLVED. Thanks Kyle!! Had a feeling it's something easy and that seemed to work perfectly. Answered 22 seconds after I posted, jeez :). Thanks again man.



Answer
Just hit F3 at the top of your keyboard




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment