Friday, December 20, 2013

any way i can fix my car having electric problems after driving through a puddle?

car electronics info on ... > Car Video Players > Dual Electronics XDVD110 Car DVD Player
car electronics info image



Michael


about 2 weeks ago it started flooding in my area due to some bad storms. i was going home from work and went about 50mph straight through a deep puddle in the road. i didnt to it on purpose i couldnt see it. but waves shot well over my entire car and dimmed my headlights and the backlit stuff on the inside like my guages and the air conditioner settings. this was only momentarily and it started working normal again seconds later. a day or two later the water that had soaked up into my carpet started molding and smelling gross. i had to scrub my carpet with pine sol and it got rid of that problem. but now just today, my car electronics just started going crazy. my stereo, fuel guage, temperature guage, and even my headlights keep randomly dying then coming back on. sometimes 5 or 6 times consistently. that light that comes on when someone isnt wearing their seat belt stays on and wont go off. but heres the thing. its just me and 2 of my buddies who just graduated with me and we are on our senior trip. its 2 18 year olds and a 17 year old who know next to nothing about cars. and we are 5 hours away from home. if my headlights go out while im driving at night again i could get into a serious accident and potentially really hurt or kill one of us or another driver. if i get pulled over for it the cop will make me fix it immediately and i dont have the money. is there something i can do to fix it or at least delay the negative effects til we get home? any help or info to whats going on with my wiring would be helpful. thanks.

ps the car is an 05 chevy malibu classic
dont go through the carwash with a malibu? why not? i did that this morning actually, could that have caused it instead of the puddle?



Answer
That's why I wouldn't have a Malibu. If you ever get it fixed, never go to the carwash.

It should eventually dry out. There may be corrosion. Tighten all electrical connections you can see and spray with WD40. Maybe you should just file and insurance claim.

Can I get a material helping me to learn and understand car mecahnics /electronics in the net free of charge?




Akram Iraq


I have Hyundai Sonata 1991 . I'm a beginner in Cars . I'm suffering from lack of knowlege about car mechanic and electronic basics . Please Help me found something usefull in the net .


Answer
I hate to tell you this, but nothing (worthwhile) online is for free. I might suggest that you visit your local library to find info that you need to fix your car. There should be lots of books available.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment