Tuesday, December 17, 2013

NEED FINANCIAL AID COUNSELLING: dropped out of university less than 2 yrs ago, repaying loans, wish to RETURN.?

car news june 2013 on AUTORIQUE CARS: 2013 car Koenigsegg CCX wallpapers
car news june 2013 image



Arwym


So, this is a bit long; please bear with me. I think I need to explain my background in order to receive the best possible counselling.

MY STORY, in not-so-short, is as follows:

I graduated from high school in 2006, at which point I immediately enrolled in a university program. This program, however, was not the one I intended. My first choice was always Video Game Development & Design, but there were not any good programs in that area, here in Puerto Rico, back then. So I decided to go for Computer Science, due to my passion for computer programming. But for less than 10 points in my score, I was not qualified to enter the University of Puerto Rico in the Computer Science program, so I went into Graphic Arts, my second (actually third) choice, planning to change programs as soon as I had the chance. Nearly two years later, I am was still not in the desired program. I had lost all motivation and became depressed; I started failing in my courses, so I decided to move to another university in a new program that had just come out, and which got my attention: Web Technologies.

So, starting August 2008, I was a Web Technologies student at a different university. By 2009-2010, however, I decided that I did not like the way the courses were being taught, and switched programs again, finally going for a Computer Science degree. This program I really liked, and all was going relatively well, but then depression came back, worse than ever. I made many mistakes in class, with my professors and fellow students. I lost their trust and they stopped taking me seriously. By 2012, I was really out of it, feeling very uncomfortable at the campus. The overall situation at home was really bad, too, especially in financial terms. I had to start taking loans to cover my education costs, even though I had a part-time job, too. I was being pushed and pulled from various directions, both from the personal and student standpoints, at the same time. I was in a crisis: I felt frustration, guilt, embarrassment, and hopelessness. Then the news came out that Pell Grant eligibility criteria was going to change, and I would no longer be eligible. I would have to take more loans and that greatly discouraged me, because I was failing, and all that money I would have to repay someday was going to waste.

On June 2012, I decided to drop out and go to work. I thought I could take a 1-year break to stabilize my life, save up some money, and return to college, focused on a new set of goals, and renewed. But by the beginning of 2013, however, I had to leave my family's home and rent an apartment. This added to my expenses, and I could no longer save nor focus on those goals. In the end, I had to get 2 jobs. Now I am on a single full-time job, and already repaying my student loans. But I really, really want to get back to college and finish a degree on something that I am truly passionate about. A new program in Video Game Design & Development has opened up in here, and I already got the tour, even talked to the director. It looks truly promising, and I wholeheartedly want one last chance, but with a full-time job, bills to pay, and no eligibility for Pell Grant, I don't know what to do. I am looking to make arrangements regarding my work schedule, so that I can work and study at the same time, but I am aware that this will mean a reduction in my monthly income. There are ways that I know of to save money, but it'll be difficult, especially with a car to maintain (and repay).

So here is my question: even though I am no longer eligible for Pell Grant, can I still apply for federal student loans? Are there any other options I can explore? Any scholarships in the Informatics / Game Design & Development fields that I can apply to?

Also, about the loans I am repaying: do I get another period of grace if I return now, or do I have to continue repaying while I study?

I am a 24-year old, Hispanic female, US Citizen, living independently in Puerto Rico, if that helps. Is there any chance for someone of my demographic?

Thank you for staying with me up to this point, and for any help in advance.



Answer
You should make an appointment with a financial aid counselor at the school you plan to attend because you have a number of issues that could affect your eligibility, and without complete information, we can't give you an accurate answer here. But in general....

1) Why are you no longer eligible for Pell? Is it because family income was too high? Because you weren't meeting Satisfactory Academic Performance Standards? Or because you exceeded your entire lifetime eligibility limit (i.e. 12 semesters) ? If you lost Pell because of income, it's possible that you will qualify again now that you are an independent student and won't be including parent information. If you lost it because you weren't meeting SAP standards, it's possible that you might regain eligibility if you appeal. If you lost it because you exceeded the lifetime limit, then there's o remedy for that. The FA person at your new school would know the reason and can perhaps help you regain eligibility if that's possible.

2) In theory, you can receive loans even if you've exceeded the limit for Pell, but again, it would depend on the reason. If you weren't meeting SAP standards, then you would need to appeal and have that approved, or attend for a period of time without federal aid until you demonstrate that you can meet the standards. Usually this involves maintaining a particular GPA and completing a certain percentage of the credits that you attempt. If you have exceeded the aggregate limits for loans ($57,500 for an independent undergraduate), you would not be able to receive more until you have paid some of the loans off, but not necessarily the entire amount.

3) Once you are enrolled in school and begin classes, you can apply for an in-school deferment that will allow you to postpone your payments until after you cease to be enrolled (either because you graduate or because you withdraw).

Isn't this how Muslim extremists start the 90% of the civil wars they are involved in?




holeymoley


5/1/13 http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-05-01/six-men-admit-plot-to-bomb-right-wing-rally/4662776

Six British men have pleaded guilty to a potentially deadly bomb plot that targeted a public rally of a prominent right-wing group.

One of the men was under police surveillance, but the plot only came to light after the would-be terrorists' car was stopped in a random traffic check.

In June last year, the English Defence League was holding one of its regular rallies, railing against the dangers it says are posed by Islam.

Five men from the West Midlands packed the boot of their car with a small arsenal of weapons: a homemade bomb containing hundreds of nails and ballbearings, sawn-off shotguns, knives and swords.

The men and a sixth accomplice had also prepared a long letter outlining their motivation.

The document referred to the Queen as a "female devil" who was fooling a nation of "blind sheep".

The English Defence League (EDL) was referred to as the "English Drunkards League".

"O enemies of Allah," the letter said, "we have heard and seen you openly insulting the final Messenger of Allah."

The penalty for this, the letter said, was death.
------------
Then our extremists blow some Muslims up and civil war begins.

-Bing/Google search âcivil wars in the worldâ and determine where they are being fought; then research each civil war and determine who is fighting in them. The results are startling: 90% of them involve one combatant-religion -- Islam. Muslims extremists fight in civil wars against Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, Shamans, Copts, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, Christiana, animists and Confucians and all other non-Muslim entities. They fight in China, Russia, Bosnia, Cyprus, Macedonia, Israel, Pakistan, India, Indonesia-Ambon & Halmarhera, Côte d'Ivoire, Kashmir, Algeria, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Sudan, Ethiopia, Kosovo, Bosnia, Kurdistan, Kirghizia, Nigeria, Philippines, Somalia, Turkey, Chechnya, Sudan, Yemen, Thailand, Uganda, Azerbaijan, Mali, Chad, Libya, Bangladesh and East Timor.

-2011 FBI Annual Report on Terrorism, http://www.nctc.gov/docs/2011_NCTC_Annual_Report_Final.pdf, page 11: Of 12,533 terrorist deaths 77 were committed by Neo-Nazi, fascist or white supremacists; Muslims committed 8,886.



Answer
What is so ironic with Britain is it's losing ground with Islam, and there are some high up politicians there that fear Britain could be controlled by Islam in the next decade or two because of the Muslim growth that is happening over there. That is scary stuff coming from a politician, but I am not to surprised about the comment because Canada and the U.S. are following Britain's path and politicians are blind to the Islamic threat to the western world in my opinion.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment