Sunday, December 15, 2013

How much to save for trip to England?

car news usa on ... new cars at successively bigger discounts every hour as a promotion
car news usa image



Chelsea


I am planning on going to London, England next year for my birthday in August. I understand it is quite a ways out, but I want to make sure I start saving now that way I have a nice little cushion when the time comes. I have been researching ticket and hotel prices, so I have a decent idea on how much that is going to cost me. My question is, how much should I save up for food, travel expenses, and entertainment?

I read somewhere that I should alot myself $60/day for food expenses in England. Is that still the same, or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Travel expenses: I am not going to be renting a car, driving on a different side of the road just has me a little worried lol, so how much should I save/estimate to spend on the underground, bus, taxi, ect. What is the best way to travel around london?

Entertainment: Of course what would be a trip to London be if I didn't go see Big Ben, The London Eye, ect. That being said, how much should I save for these types of expenses, and what are some really amazing things I should do while in London?

I know that in August the weather is not going to be too great, but I like rainy, cold, dreary weather anyways, so I know to be prepared for that. I have my Burberry coat and umbrella ready for some action!

Last, spending money. For those people who have gone to England, how much did you save up to buy things like clothes, souveniers, ect? Just want to get an idea how much I need to save for that.

Also, please note that I am going to be there for a total of 14 days, 13 nights. I have been dreaming of going to England, so I want to spend as much time there as I possibly can.

P.S. Any silly/stupid/offensive comments will be reported. I do not want your sarcastic answers, frankly there are far better uses of your time I'm sure. Please go annoy somebody else. I would like true/nice/genuine answers. Thank you for your understanding!



Answer
The best way to get around London is on London Transport buses and the Underground and, of course, walking. For a two week stay, you're probably best off with a travel pass that will let you do all that for one flat price. See London Transport link below for prices and requirements. For walking, you need a copy of "London A to Z," available at any news stand or book store. It's a complete street map of the city and essential for getting around, so get a version you can carry with you at all times. Taxis, especially the iconic black London Cabs, are expen$ive and not part of London Transport.

Otherwise, I'm afraid London is an expensive place to live, especially for a tourist. Expect to pay in pounds what you'd pay in dollars in the USA for a given item, maybe more. Tourist shops abound in the West End and environs and most of what they sell is overpriced junk. Think about your purchases and whether they're really worth the price.

Something that may save you some money: Write to the British Embassy and explain that you're planning to visit their wonderful country, don't want to miss anything and would appreciate any advice and suggestions they can give you. You'll probably get back a large envelope stuffed with information and advertisements and, best of all, discount coupons! Also, if you're a student, bring your student ID along. That can also be good for discounts at some venues, mostly museums and such.

Good luck. Enjoy your visit. Watch your pockets. (Seriously, there are con men, thieves and pickpockets about who prey on tourists, so stay alert and keep an eye on your stuff.)

Obama is promising free cars to minority students?




Sidney


I heard it on our local Chicago news.
I'm just wondering if its true.
I tried to Google and couldnt find anything, but the reporters said it, so I'm wondering.

How would I apply for one?



Answer
He is offering tax credits if you buy an energy efficient car. Oops Obama. Guess what. We already have that tax credit on cars, and we already build efficient cars right here in the USA. He is promising what what the government does already !!!! More false promises to bring more sheep to his flock.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment