Friday, December 20, 2013

Is there a way to locate a vehicle using the vin or license plate number?

get car info using vin on Volkwagens began using the standardized VIN in 1980.
get car info using vin image



Haili H


I am attempting to retrieve equipment that was leased form our company and not returned. There are a handful left that I can't find using their personal info. The only other information I have is about their cars. Is there a way to use this info (FOR FREE) on line to find them?


Answer
yes you can but Im not sure what website to tell you to go to... Go to google and put search cars by vin number in the search engine. That should help you a great deal

What to say when buying a used car from owner?




thisguy93


Well this is my for my first car and I am using Craigslist. so yeah sounds incredibly dumb but i have no idea what to say, any help would be great.
btw i could only find this car on craigslist cause of the price range given to me, so yea..
Also What to ask?



Answer
I agree with the others
check the vin to make sure the car is being sold legit. Then ask...

1.Ask for the condition of the car
2.If it still needs repairs or what was the last repair needed.(this determines if you have a dying car on your hands)
3.Has there been any accidents (I had to get a copy of my driving record to get insurance on my first car b/c the previous owner had a wreck and it showed up under me :/ )
4.Also I would ask if I can get my mechanic to take a look I don't have one but that scared off so many scam artist.
5.You really don't have to ask about the mileage most post will tell you and if this is your first car it's going to have a few good miles on it unless you by it new so you have to accept that. 70K is up there but ok for a first time car that you will replace in 2-4 years. If they don't post the miles I would ask what ever info a poster don't give there is usually a (fishy) reason they didn't




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment