Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What kind of land zoning does car parking or other vehicle parking fall under?

car parking info on HowStuffWorks
car parking info image



ScienceGuy


I am thinking about purchasing some land to construct into a semi truck parking lot and was wondering what kind of zoning it falls under.

The land I am considering is in a suburb of Chicago and surrounded by agricultural zoned farms as well as residential zoned homes. I would of course make sure that I can construct a parking lot there from the city but I was wondering what zoning it would fall under before looking for the land.

Thanks!



Answer
That varies from city to city and one answer does not fit all cases. Call the city and get a hold of the municipal zoning code (its nowadays often available online for free) and that is the only way to make sure. However, a local Realtor also should be able to give you that info.

Can I still get money from this guy hitting my car?




Chris R


My car is parked near my house, at the end of the road. It has been there for several months now. A few months ago one of my neighbors backed into it and smashed the driver door in. He decided he wanted his insurance pay for it. I got his info, but procrastinated and never called his insurance. Can I still collect money from the wreck or has it been too long? I need to know because I'm trying to sell it.


Answer
I'm not sure why so many people are telling you to call YOUR agent. Even if you have collision coverage it's best to go through the other guys coverage. If you have the car repaired they will pay for a rental car while the car is in the shop. Time wise most states allow 1 year to 6 years to make a claim for property damage.

This shouldn't be difficult at all.....assuming the neighbor admits to his company that he did the damage. Here is what I suggest.

1. Confirm with the neighbor that he will admit fault and the date of the accident to his company.

2. Report the loss to his company. They will want to confirm the facts and the date with him. They will then pay you and that should end that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment