Sunday, August 18, 2013

Does my oil life monitor really work?

car newspaper ads on ... ads. You can search for your own at: http://news.google.com
car newspaper ads image



Brian J


I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP(V8). It has an oil life monitor that is supposed to tell me when to change the oil. I've always been told to change every 3000 miles but if I follow the monitor it woud be like every 5-6000. I recently received a newspaper ad from a car dealership that said I can go by the oil life monitor.


Answer
The system is smart and will adjust to haw you change the oil. That being said the new cars are designed to run longer times between oil changes in this cars case up to 5000 miles some trucks are up to 7500 miles. Change it to how you feel comfortable. If you go the longer interval check the oil to be sure its not low.

When a car ad says 5 speed does that mean it's manual transmission?




con100


Saw an ad for a car in the newspaper and it said 5 speed. I'm assuming that it's manual transmission. Is my assumption right?


Answer
Probably. I would assume the same.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment