Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What information can you find out from someone's car number plate?

car number info on South Haven Tribune - Sports and recreation10.12.11Three Rivers spoils ...
car number info image



BooBoo


Where can you get this info?


Answer
the last two numbers are their underwear size

What to do in a car accident if you don't go through insurance?




Faithnomor


I was hit by an illegal alien. I was a nice guy and I didn't call the cops. The husband came and told me this and mentioned that if anyone asked he was driving. We made an agreement that he would fix my car since it was a 100% his wifes fault. I was in a rush and did not get all of the info. The only thing I did get was the car lic plate number. The guy did not avoid me initially but when I told him what the estimate was he turned off his phone and now I'm screwed. He did mention on a message that he filed a claim through his insurance, mentioned falsely that he was driving, and that he was a victim of a hit and run and that the car drove off and he couldn't get the lic plate. How do I bust him for this? Or is it not possible? What else can I do?


Answer
Hmmmm....I have to say you are very possibly screwed. If you have "full coverage" on your own insurance policy, you may still be able to file a collision claim, costing you only your deductible. All insurance policies have requirements that you notify your company asap in case of an accident.

You may also have an "Uninsured Motorists Property Damage" coverage depending on the state you live in. This has a very strict requirement that the police be called.

Biggest issues:
how long ago was this? Within the last month/2 months tops, you really ought to be able to convince your insurance company to take care of your damages.

If you had a cell phone # for this individual, your insurance company can try and do a background search and actually locate the family's last known whereabouts. They can also check a national database to see if in fact the other party turned in a claim.

Either way, contact your own insurance agent immediately!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment