Thursday, August 22, 2013

How to get car insurance for a modified car?

car info through vin number on Classic 1963 Dodge Polara 500 for sale in , Other, Ad #893892
car info through vin number image



User


Im looking to buy a modified Mitsubishi with modifications like butterfly doors/ better engine/ new body kit etc...

I just wonder who insures modified cars in the USA? and for a 16 year old driver around how much? I know its hard to determine a price but a rough estimate is appreciated
to Merissa, not all companies insure modified cars, i need a company please



Answer
All of my cars have been modded. I drive a Eclipse GT right now. I just dont tell them its been modded lol. I go through a local insurance company. They walked out and looked at my car. All they ever wanted was my info and the VIN number on the car. Im 24 and I pay 75 a month for full coverage. Insurance is different for everyone. Considering your 16 and if its something like an Eclipse I would guess around 200 a month. The only time I have ever known people to need special insurance is if its some kind of classic car or something more exotic like a Ferrari.

I bought a car in california without a smog certificate?




x


I bought the car and i didnt realize it was required by law for the seller to provide the smog certificate. I tried to contact the seller through text message and calling him and leaving a voice mail detailing the situation. Needless to say he is not contacting me back, what can i do. I have his address, name and phone number thats about it.


Answer
I'm not certain, but I think you can go online and get that info from the DMV website, if you have the VIN number. However if it is not current, I don't think you have much recourse except to take it in yourself. Good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment