Thursday, October 31, 2013

I need to know how much gas comes out of a car exhaust?

car exhaust info on honda s2000 2000 2003 exhaust cat back system hks exhaust
car exhaust info image



Hazem


I'm working on a scientific project and I need to know some general info. about the volume of the gas that comes out of a car exhaust. No need for it to be specific, maybe you want to take an average engine like 1800cc with rpm at 3000

Thank you.



Answer
Well, let's break it down some, and make some assumptions.

1. No turbo or super charger.
2. Running at zero load
3. Pressure at intake and exhaust are both the same.
4. 4-stroke engine

So, if you have an 1800cc engine, the total displacement of all cyls is 1800cc every TWO revolutions. So, let's use a no-load RPM of 2000. Then we end up with 1800cc X 1000 volume per minute.

That gets you pretty close, but to be sure, you need to actually measure the mass flow rate of the air intake.

Is smoking in a car with Children bad?




joanne1991


I am having an argument with a friend. She says that smoking in the car with the windows rolled up and the children in the car is bad. I think that rolling the windows down is worse because there is car exhaust and other bad stuff that could hurt my children outside.

Who is right?

In China, do they make you eat raw eggs for doing an act as such?



Answer
That's so stupid -.- First off, smoking is bad, period. Especially around children! You influence them- later they might try to smoke too, since they've seen an older person do it. It's also bad for THEIR lungs, not just yours.
Secondly....I'm chinese, and I dont think you do stuff like that, even though I live in America.... I honestly don't get how you guys get this false info.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment