Sunday, October 27, 2013

Should I worry about the miles my car have?

car news used on When Used Cars Are More Ecofriendly Than New Cars: Scientific American
car news used image



???


My dad just bought my a new used car that has 165k miles on it. Now all of a sudden, he's experiencing "Buyer's remorse". He thinks he spent too much money on the car. Good news runs VERY well and there's nothing to worry about in the present time being. He has me paranoid now and I don't know what to think.


Answer
For a lot of cars, 300,000 miles is the usual EOL (end of life) point -- not just mechanically, but to a point where the car costs money to run and doesn't use gas as efficiently. If you bought a Honda or Toyota or any other brand that originates from Japan, you probably will be fine up until 300,000 or even more; as long as the car was maintained consistently.

If you got a Pontiac or a Chrysler or a Ford, it could run until 300,000, but may be less likely to due to reliability issues that are commonly found in some cars.

Is it better to try to sell a car using the newspaper or Autotrader?




caseycrave


I live in a huge city. The newspaper is a little more expensive. What has been your experience? Do you get more action from buyers reading the news or reading Autotrader?


Answer
You will probably get twice what a dealer will give you for trade. I think the agressive marketing of their own publication that Auto Trader does is a good reason to select it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment