Saturday, November 2, 2013

How do you respond when car dealers say KBB and Edmunds are just guides?

car dealer info on ... motoring news 2009 wheeler dealers takes on the iconic audi quattro
car dealer info image



thejbexper


I'm trying to negotiate a used car deal, and it seems every car dealer in my area prices their cars significantly higher than KBB or Edmunds. When I bring up them, they say those are just guides and don't mean anything. What am I supposed to say to that to get them closer to their values? I mean KBB and Edmunds aren't based on nothing. That's what most people base their negotiations on.


Answer
KBB, Edmunds, and NADA guides do more to muddy up the waters than any other info source out there. Yes, they are guides, and that is all.

We have a saying in the car business - If you want that price, Call Mr. Kelly and see if he will sell it to you.

The problems with those guides is they do not reflect accurately the local markets, or adapt quickly to changing conditions. They give averages based on past sales, but those averages may change dramatically before the guides can update.

Example - Cash for Clunkers took a lot of cheap cars off the road. A car that used to be $2000 at auction is now upwards of $3000. Cheap cars are hard to get and dealers are paying a premium for them so they have something to sell. But KBB would never know that. Or when they do, it'll be about 3 months form now when things have adjusted agian.

Heres another example - Right now, in Lake Tahoe they are getting snow like crazy. If you have a used Subaru or 4wd truck, you can name your price. There will be a vast difference in the price of an Imprezza in Tahoe, as compared to one in Arizona. But looking at KBB you would never know it.

Use the guides as just that, guides. Do your own market research. Looka t autotrader or your local advertisements to see what the averages are on the car you are interested in.

Ultimately, the best deal is one where you and the seller agree on a price that is fair for both of you, and a transaction is conducted. Everything else is just practice.

What can i do if i bought a car from another state and had it delivered but never recieved it?




Dewayne Ma


A family member of mines bought two cars from this car dealer,I told him to find me a car at a certain price and he did and sent me the info on the car so I got approved for a car loan from my bank,and I gave him the check to purchase the car and he supposedly did and had it delivered I asked him and he said it takes no more then a month to have it delivered from California to Washington dc.Its been over a month and I still haven't received my car and ive already paid one car note and about to pay a second one and I don't have a car yet.I called my bank and they said once you give them the check and they deposit it there nothing the bank can do,Any help on what I should do next?


Answer
It sounds like someone is not being honest with you. You have probably been scammed. You should call whoever you gave the money to and find out what is gong on. You should start tracking people down and tracking the car down. You should find out if the check has been cashed or deposited yet. If it hasn't then I would cancel it. Somehow, you have g to get to the bottom of this and get your check back r get your car.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment