Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What treatment helped with your Seasonal Affective Disorder?

car news weekly on google_cars4
car news weekly image



Precious P


It's soooooooooooo phuckin cold in Chicago -15F. My car died twice this week. Plus my job is an hour and 15 mins away from me. Anyway, I had to be put on meds (Wellbutrin XL 300MG) and intense weekly therapy.
I got a cheap version of a light box and it helps just a little bit.



Answer
I also live in Chicago as you know right now is -13F. I also take Wellbutrin XL for SAD. Bell and Howell sell a much better lamp that simulates the sunlight with the lamp you are surrounded by the light from the lamp. It really helps. You need to google sun lamps and you will find the lamp. Menards and Home Depot also sell them. Good Luck to you. We will get through this winter. I don't know if you have seen on the news in the last 131 years there have been only 13 days that the temp has been this low. The weather man just said that Aurora has a temp of -45F. Take care!!!

What does it mean to have recurrent zombie dreams?




P


I've been having zombie dreams periodically for about two-three years now. As for how recurrent, it's not weekly or monthly, but every now and then I'll wake up from a rather freakishly scary nightmare. I'll put in a few descriptions about some of the dreams I remember the most and try to keep them short, but I can't promise anything.

1- So there's this one I had at least two years ago, but I can remember it too well as I consider it the worst nightmare I've ever had D:

We were in a train station, because we knew that the zombies could not get in there. Some reporters approached me and the little group of friends I was at the station with and asked us whether we wanted to come down to some place and answer a few questions about the whole apocalypse thing. I didn't think it was a good idea at all, but the rest was going and I ended up coming anyway.

When we got outside I saw a teacher of mine turning into a zombie, so we hurried up to the car. I had closed the door when we noticed one of my friends wasn't in the car yet. She came running and crying, and started knocking on the door desperately begging that I would open it. I'm ashamed to say I didn't directly open it. I hesitated, and by the time I had finally chosen to open it, my now-zombified-teacher grabbed her from behind and the reporters sitting at the front sped up and drove away.

We got to some abbandoned-suspicious looking place. I remember I wrote a goodbye-message for my friends on the wall because I remember I had chosen to find a gun and kill myself. I didn't end up doing it because a bunch of other people showed up and we all left together, but I remember still wanting to give up on my life. It shocked me that I was so determined and sure about killing myself in this dream, as I have never felt like this in real life. I *have* been depressed at some point in my life, but never so far to that point.

2- The second is just to sum up what kind of nightmares I typically have. Usually I'll be escaping the zombies, sometimes with the company of one or two people. I'm always terrified of them and we don't seem to be on the winning side. I'm really negative about it. If the nightmare gets too bad I tend to realize I'm dreaming but, upon finding myself unable to wake up I might try and focus to erase them from the dream, usually successfully.

3-This one's the one I had last night. I dreamt I was at school when the news spread that there was a zombie attack going on in the city. Apparently there was some sort of optional military service my school had and many of my guy-friends were a part of it, since they never thought they'd actually have to do or go somewhere and it offered some sort of benefit for joining. My best-friend was in it and he didn't seem too concerned about it, while I feared for his life. Somehow I ended up in the school's entrance, where the zombies seemed to have been gathering. They couldn't get through because of the fence, so I took the advantage and finished them off by stabbing their skulls with big-ass knives. I didn't feel afraid at all, for a change.

Anyway. I'm sorry for the long text. Just in case, here's some personal info. I'm seventeen, I'm a girl, I like zombie movies and videogames (although I don't watch them too often), as far as I'm concerned I'm happy and sure of myself. I think... Lol jk. I'm not under any particular kind of stress that I can think of. I'm on holidays.

Thanks for the help in advance! And sorry for making it so long...
4- Now that I remember it... I've recently had another dream my bestfriend was at too. We'd been escaping zombies in this weird-building, when he left the group to see I-don't-know-what. I thought he'd end up getting himself killed, so I followed him. Turns out he got us to some stairs zombies seemed to be crawling up. These ones were rather stupider than the average zombie, so we sat still and they didn't notice us. One was crawling over my body, when she/it stopped to take a second look at me. I had some kind of zombie-poisonous-lotinon over my body, so she died because of it. But, regardless of how sure I felt about it, it took its time to die, which began to raise doubts in my head about whether I should get up and fight it or just wait there, at the risk of dying.

When they were dead, we got up and left for a safe train.



Answer
There is one website called dreammoods.com which interprets your dreams. I'm not exactly sure if it's 'reliable' or not, but this is what it says:
-To dream that you are attacked by zombies indicates that you are feeling overwhelmed by forces beyond your control. You are under tremendous stress in your waking life. Alternatively, the dream represents your fears of being helpless and overpowered.
-To see someone as a zombie implies that your feelings for them is dead. You have not emotional attachment towards them.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment