Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What is the normal temperature for a mercedes benz s500 coupe 1996?

car mechanic info on Auto mechanic's hands working on car - a series of MECHANIC related ...
car mechanic info image






My Mercedes-Benz S500 coupe seems to heat up when I am driving in the city, and tends to cool as I drive on the freeway. The temperature seems to run between 80 & 120 degrees celsius.
Any one have any suggestions on what I should do?
By the way, I drained my coolant container that was full of H2O (water) with a coolant that I purchased from a car mechanic.
Does it take time for the coolant to take affect?



Answer
I have the exact same problem on my 1995 E320 and somewhat a common issue on the S and E classes in older models. I recently had the radiator and water pump completely replaced, but the engine is still getting hot in stop-and-go traffic. It seems that I'm going to possibly need to change the fan clutch. A really good added resource for repair info is benzworld.org. Most of the individuals on there can add very valuable info. Some guys would possibly suggest that running between 80 and 120 is nothing to worry about in these big body Benz frames, but I always try to run on the safe side when it comes to 4-8 lanes of rush-hour, interstate traffic. Hope this was helpful. Ed

My tailights in my car arent working what should i do?

Q. i drive a 1997 buick lasabre and i just replaced the taillights.. the brake lights light up, but the tail lights dont, whats wrong? im not a car mechanic so i could really use some help. the bulb is a double filament.


Answer
check the fusebox. look in your owners manual, and there should be a diagram of what fuse is for what component, then just compare the diagram. if remember correctly, the fusebox should be hidden behind the panel where whe passanger door meets the dash. then again, that info would be in the owner's manual too.

faliling that, double check the connections on the housing itself. loose/shorted wires can cause all sorts of quirky behavior in electronics.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment