Friday, December 27, 2013

Any problem for a car only cranking once and running immediately?

car engine news on ... New Level | New hybrid electric cars and electric vehilces: news
car engine news image



Joe


Usually when a car starts, engine cranks at least 2-3 times before it runs. But for my car (Toyota Corolla), most of time it only cranks once and then starts running immediately. Out of curiosity, is there any potential problem with it and if yes, what area I should check or verify or adjust? As far as I can remember, it has kind of always been so beginning from the new car. Now it has been 7 years. No powertrain related problem has so far noticed.


Answer
Thats actually really good news, it means your fuel and ignition system are in great shape! Whatever your doing for maintenance, keep it up.

How I let my mom use the computer/play a video game occasionally?




Kaan


I am a 14 year old almost 15 year old boy. I go to a private independent school and get decent grades (A, B). I do not ask for much regarding personally belongings. I do not ask for a phone, I do not ask for an idevice, I do not ask for a gaming console, I do not ask for expensive clothing. The only electronic I own and is where I get all of my entertainment is my higher end computer. Even this I did not ask my parents to pay for, I did.

What I usually do is browse youtube, watch some internet videos, look at the news, and occasionally play a video game. (50% Youtube, 30% gaming, 20% Other general things)

However, ever since mass shootings have occurred a bit more since last year or so, the media has started to blame video games for these things. I can go on a long rant on how this is not true but won't for the sake of your time.

My mother does watch quite a bit of news and sees these sorts of things. She is very overprotective in a way and takes things very seriously. So now, when I am using my computer, whenever I click more than a few times in a row she seems to get very paranoid that I'm playing a video game. Often she will run into the office and look at the computer screen to see if I'm playing a game. I do not understand this behavior, when I asked her why she has started this she mentions the media blaming video games and how she thinks I will become like the shooters. *facepalm*.

I have no mental health issues and have been raised more than properly concerning real life violence. In no way do the violent video games (that I seldom play) influence my behavior. She doesn't seem to understand this.

I get very sad when I think about this and how I don't ask for anything but my free computer usage. So even though I don't ask for much, I can not even play an occasional game violent or not. This also effects my everyday computer use since she gets concerned over every click I make. Buying a silent mouse is not the solution people

If you have made it this far, here is the question.
What can I do to make my mom calm down about video games influencing my behavior and how can I resume usage of my only electronic.

Thank You

A quick list of games I play if you're interested:
In order of most played to least:
Minecraft - Who doesn't? 60% of time
Alliance of Valiant arms - A free to play first person shooter 20-25% of time
Beamng.drive - A paid car engine simulator (physics of cars) - 20-25% of time
Grand Theft Auto IV - Most people believe this game contributes to violent shootings, I play it for the open world, sandbox feel; more for the car driving then the crime - 20%

As you can see not too much



Answer
You can also tell her that studies prove playing video games makes your mind smarter because it challenges your brain, makes you move faster and makes your problem solving skills better. Watching videos on youtube relieves stress. And reading things on the web makes a person smarter. If you want to pursue the argument print out or save some articles and show her. Say there is nothing wrong with you using the computer and say that most people that use the computer dont turn into shooters. Infact all those shooters either were 1) bullied, 2) grew up with abusive, alcoholic, drug addict parents, 3) had psychological issues. Those people that did shootings were troubled and people knew they were troubled before the shootings occured.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment