Friday, December 27, 2013

What do you do if you cant afford car insurance?

car news pictures on ... coupe ll 121004 wblog 11 Tips on Privately Selling Your Used Car
car news pictures image



Becksterin


Im a sinlge mother and my bills are more than my income. I seriously have to choose between food or car insurance. i cant take the bus to work the schedule doesnt work out....Im scared Im going to get pulled over. What do I do?
If I dont drive, I dont work, and my daughter and I will be homeless.
I cant beleive you people who have good jobs and education look at the world of poverty thru rose colored glasses. you sit up on your pedastool and judge someones situation without knowing the limitations im dealing with. I cannot take the bus to my job. To get there on time, it would take me 2 hours and 3 transfers and in order to do that I would have to leave at 5am and the busses dont run that early. A bike is not an option, its to far. cant get a scooter, I can afford it. My car is all I got and its only worth about 300 dollars. If I lose this job I will have my girl on the streets. I have to get to work! and no co workers will drive me.
So if I decide not to drive, I lose the job and then I will get judged for being on welfare.
Are there any 'po people I can talk to?



Answer
easy answer... don't drive

Picture this as a real likely scenario:

1) You are involved in or cause an accident in which you are to blame. Maybe a minor injury or two

2) The PD will tow your car - even it it is driveable since it has no insurance and you can not drive it. , the DMV jerks your license for no insurance.

Ok so much for the GOOD news.

You are responsible for the repair to the car you hit. Figure a modest $5 to $6k unless you hit a new car where even the wheels may cost $1 each. Eventually they will sue you for the bill and your check will be garnished. Now it is up to 50% less (net).

but wait .. there's more.

Remember that injury? Hospital stays are around $300/day PLUS the treatment. Figure a minor broken bone or two is going to cost around $10k.... guess who is paying.

and now lets get to the Pain and Suffering (not yours... theirs) an easy $10k maybe a LOT more).

Its going to be a looooong time before you see a full paycheck. If you buy a car, (let alone a house) it will be seized and sold to apply to the debt.

You think you are scared of being pulled over... dwell on this scenario for a bit and you will see that is the least of your worries.

Concerned.. ? This is not an extreme picture. In fact it is pretty realistic as others answering your question will likely echo.

Bottom line..

Take a bike, walk to work, get a motor scooter (which has cheaper insurance) find a co-worker or a ride share and save up the money to buy the insurance. There are a LOT of alternate transportation methods... not as convenient as a car but they ARE there... you are just choosing not to use them for one reason or another.

.

What happens to the cars that are buried in the snow?




Dan


Just out of curiosity, when cars get snowed in up to their roof, what happens to them? Do they count as a flood vehicle? I was just looking through some of the news headlines on Yahoo and saw a picture of a car buried in snow which made me wonder.
Well Matt why do YOU get a life? You coulda saved your self a whole minute and not put a sarcastic and dumba** answer! You obviously have no life...I pity you.

Did that make you feel better? Huh? Geez.



Answer
No, the snow is frozen, so it doesn't get into the car, and it melts slowly, when it does melt.

The snow would have to melt all at once, like it a couple of seconds and create a flood, which it can't do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment