Sunday, February 2, 2014

Car repair help suggestions?

Q. This summer (summer before starting my senior year in high school) I'm planning on getting an old body of a 67' Chevy Impala to fix up and spend some time with my dad over the summer. It's pretty roughed up and needs some tlc but it has the potential and I have the money to front on any parts we'll need. Thing is, I'm just getting into this car fix up thing and I don't know very much though I know the basics of maintaining a car on my own. Anyways, I'm wondering if there's any great internet articles or even better yet youtube videos of explaining the parts of say an engine and how the parts work, what they do, etc. I would ask my mechanic all of this, but he graduated highschool last year and moved off :( But I'm really looking forward to spending bonding time with my dad this year and I'm willing to learn everything I can to make it even more fun.

Anyone have any tips/references? I will appreciate it!
P.s, I'm a girl, by the way. Hopefully a grease monkey in the making! :P
@Red: Thanks! I'm definitely not one of those girls who worries about what other people are thinking... I love cars and I want to work on them!

Right now, I'm looking for the mechanics of how cars generally work. I've got the mind that once I know how the guts work and the rules to it I can figure out the rest really well. So any help on this would be great! Thanks so much!


Answer
Well its good that you found the perfect car to make your own and its ok to be a girl, most of us like them, I dont know off hand about you tube vids, but I do know a car lovers magazine that has extensive online links to anything car related. I know there are probably tons of books and magazines you can get that will be helpful too. hemmings motor news is a long time car lovers magazine. It has want ads for cars, parts, books magazines, anything car related they have a world wide list of car lovers from everywhere. hemmings.com can go bone stock to super hot rod or anything in between there are several on line parts warehouses to, some may have what you need, some may not. The good news is every part of that car you have is available and companies like year one specialize in better than new stock on the shelfs. Jegs is another parts ware house along with summit racing. And there are plenty more IM sure do your research and figure out what you need and then start stocking up the parts for when you and your dad get ready to build you a car. best of luck.

Create a car?




Gage M


I'm wondering if there's a site where you can select a car from loads of choices,and fully customize it not just the basic stuff like wheels, windows,front ETC..
i mean for fun like midnight club



Answer
a great selection of 3d car models to help you build stunning renderings ... model program :: Do you have a quality 3D Car model that you'd like to publish ...www.the123d.com/car-collections/collection08-id3dbarrel.shtml

based software tools (WinXMorph and WinTensor) that allow for 3D visualization ... model of this classic sports car. 3D page of the week. Werner Kaminsky's ...www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona

online machine shop features free software, instant price quotes, turning, CNC, ... Everything you need to build projects and products is right here online! ...www.emachineshop.com/indexg.htm


latest news, a lot of FREE 3d models (downloads, tutorials, cg movies etc.) huge gallery with hottest articles and products. Interviews, events and 3D resources around ...www.3dm3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment