Monday, February 3, 2014

Vin Number to my Husbands old Car....Help guys.....?




Sara


Ok so my Husband so,d a 1970 Ford Maverick years ago and now he has been looking to buy another one (midlife crisis I think....lol) Anyways I think I want to try to buy him one for his Birthday in the next couple of years and I would really like to find the exact one that he sold years ago. He doesn't have any of the old paperwork on it and can't remember what insurance company he had it insured through. I know there has to be a way to look up vehicle records of some of these that are for sale and see if they are his old car. All I know about it is the year and color and a few other little details about it.

Does anyone know how I can track this down and see if it is really one of these that are for sale?
I don't want to chase after the owner all I want to do is contact some of the ones that are already for sale and see if they are actually his old car. So It's not like I'm gonna go knock on a strangers door and say hey you have my husbands old car let me buy it when its not for sale but if i have the vin and find one for sale that looks similar then I could compare them



Answer
I feel for you, but you won't be able to find the VIN number anywhere, and there is no way to look them up in any kind of database. Even if you had the VIN, the owner's info is private, and no agency would legally be able to give you the info.

There are several good websites to look for old Mavericks... Autotrader Classics, Hemmings, etc. You can probably find one very close to what he had.

Good luck to you, that is a very thoughtful gift. I need to have you talk to my wife, as I miss my 1970 Hemi 'Cuda.

I need free information on how to get vin number backround for classic cars. Like how many were produced etc..?




sandarab92


Free info on classic car vin numbers. How many were produced. what is the value. The car backround. etc.........
For a 1967 cadillac



Answer
Hi there,

Here's a website with info on decoding your Caddy's VIN. They also appear to have lots of great resto parts as well!

http://www.rubbertherightway.com/Cadillac%20Decoding%20VIN%2065%20-%2070.htm

Enjoy your classic American car. :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment