Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Car insurance taking longer than 24 hours to appear on the DVLA system.?

car info dvla on GMP Holds Summer School in Morgantown, WV - Glass, Molders ...
car info dvla image
Q. I bought my car insurance around 2pm yesterday and was hoping to tax my car online today as my insurance details wont come through for another 3-6 days, I'm unsure why my car insurance info has taken longer than 24 hours to be added to the DVLA system for my car, anyone else had this problem and know why?


Answer
Yes. Insurance companies typically download tape at least twice a week . . .which means, you have to wait up to four days.

Importing a car in the UK from South Africa?




pantera


Hi, i am interested to know about the import and registration procedures for a car from South Africa to the UK. Is it difficult? Are there any restrictions? I am very concerned about the requirements from the DVLA upon arriving in the UK. I will appreciate your answers.


Answer
Depends on the make & age - it will have to be checked by the DVLA to see that it meets with the current EC emissions levels & of course it will have to have registration plates - more info here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/BuyingAndSellingAVehicle/ImportingAndExportingAVehicle/DG_4022583




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment