Sunday, September 8, 2013

Why do natural disasters in the US bring out the worst in non-Americans?

car news site on mercedes f200 old vehicle senna wallpaper mercedes 280 bmw x6 black ...
car news site image



Poison Ivy


I can't believe some of the truly cruel remarks I'm reading on some foreign news sites regarding Hurricane Irene and the death/destruction it caused in the US.

Some people (mostly Brits, French, Australians, etc) actually believe the US should have been able to come through this with absolutely no damage/deaths.

Do these people actually live on Earth?? Have they ever been in a hurricane?



Answer
Did you see some of the Brits on BBC complaining about how "their holiday was ruined" and how "they've seen worse storms in Scotland"? I got a huge kick out of that. I live in England for school and I can tell you the worse I've ever seen there is a rainstorm. No, not a thunderstorm or flooding, a rainstorm. Not even any lightning.

Basically, they have no clue. Ignorance is bliss, huh? Must feel really good to care more about your stupid holiday than those who have lost their homes, cars, and lives.

How to find older archived local news?




marc2oni


Hi, I'm trying to find out how I can look up a local (San Diego) news story about an accident that happened 5 years ago (10/21/07). I've looked through local news sites and see stories about car accidents/dui's/things of that nature so I think it's safe to assume they'd have something about the major motorcycle accident I'm trying to look up. Looking through the local news sites I can't find a archive thing. Any help is appreciated, thanks.


Answer
You may want to try searching Google News with the name of the accident victim or other identifying details. Some papers also allow access to their archives - online or otherwise - for a nominal fee. Maybe you can check with your local daily.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment