Saturday, September 14, 2013

What are the dangers of traveling by car for a long distance, for mother and child, with a two week old infant?

car information sites on For more information on this vehicle visit tinyurl.com Decked in a ...
car information sites image



Rain


My mother in law INSISTS that we go to her family reunion in Colorado for fourth of July weekend this year. I am due to have my baby girl on June 21st so If everything goes to plan my child will not even be 2 weeks old. We live in Illinois and she is renting a 18 passenger van for 10 of us to drive there together. I am not going but she continues to guilt trip me about how all her grandchildren must be there. I began to look up the dangers of this trip for me and my child and although I did find some information most sites were talking about either flying or preparing for the trip. I could find very little about the medical complications that could occur not to mention the discomfort. Looking for some help. Thanks!


Answer
while the prolonged car ride wont make a difference to your child, it could cause you to get blood clots in your legs due to innactivity. this is a serious problem with women who have just given birth and can be fatal! i would also be concerned with how your child would be able to get enough rest (with all those people making a lot of noise and touching her all the time) and the quality of rest for everyone else! a 2 week old will need to be fed every 2 hours or so and that includes overnight! i would say that for everyones safety (and sanity) that you opt for a home celebration this year. maybe you can skyp or video chat instead? if MIL wont get off your back i would suggest a simple and firm no and just leave it at that, change the subject when she tries to talk about it. you've said no, and no is no! she needs to understand that now or your in for a life time of "but grandma said we could have all those cookies" even after you said no.

How can i tell how powerful my motor is?




Brandon


How can i tell how powerful my motor is? ive always been told the more litres (ex. mine is 3.8L), the better the motor. But when i read about my car on things such as wikipedia and other information sites, it says my 98 ford mustang cobra convertible has a 3.8L ENGINE? explain pleeeaeasse! :(


Answer
The 98 Cobra is supposed to be a stock 4.6 Liter producing 305 HP and 300 Lbs/Ft of Torque. To find out exactly how much power yours has at the wheels you will have to get a dyno test.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment