Wednesday, September 11, 2013

How can i obtain insurance information from the opposing vehicle?

car info from vin number on This vehicle has the VIN on the inside of the driver's side door.
car info from vin number image



Bryant A


I was in a car accident recently and the other vehicle is registered out of state. I reside in New York and would like to know how to obtain insurance information from the state of Illinois. The police report does not provide the insurance info. I only have his plate number, policy number, and VIN number?

how can i obtain the insurance info for the other vehicle
?



Answer
Why didn't you get that info from the driver at the time of the accident? Try going through your insurance company to obtain this info.

Would an auto insurance company have a reason to ignore the fact of having an incorrect VIN Number?




Larry<---


I got a dui years ago and have now saved enough to buy my car and get it on the road. The risk of my age and record, I found myself going through an insurance company that looks like it literally has holes in the wall. Their advertisement is that they will accept anyone. And they will for the month to month price they can get. I noticed they copied down the wrong vin number for my vehicle. They stated that it was not important for sr22's. I had some spare time later and went back with the correct one written down for them to copy. In front of me they wrote down the wrong number off the sheet I handed them. "well okay... I'm just going to write down this". "it shouldn't be a problem" Is basically what they said to me during the process. is there any reason they would avoid using correct info? Or is it really just not that important?
(PS The number on my mailed insurance cards is incorrect and I just wrecked the car last week).



Answer
The vin # is totaly critical its the cars ID , if it doesnt match an adjuster if he wanted to be a jerk , could argue that the vehicle wrecked and the insured vehicle are 2 seperate cars altogether, and insurance adj. are notorious for being -icks !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment