Thursday, September 12, 2013

what info do i need to have to run a carfax report?

car info from vin on 1978 Ford F150 Custom 4x4 Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com
car info from vin image



James


im looking to buy a used car but befor i go see it first hand i want to check its history. so i figure id contact the owner and ask they tell me the cars info so i can run one from my home.
i figure i would need the cars make, model. year, and vin. is that all?



Answer
All you really need is the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). CarFax will provide all the rest of the information. Your insurance agent will also need the VIN if you decide to buy the car.

What do I do if I've been wrongfully charged in a car crash that I nor my car was in?




Joel


I received a notice from the Bureau of Financial Responsibility that I need to pay for damages in a car crash that took play on May 14, 2007. The car info (i.e., VIN, tag, make & model) are correct, but it wasn't my car. The crash took place in Tampa, FL. I live on the east coast of Florida in Martin County. Neither I nor my car was involved in this crash. The crash report lists another person as the driver, whom I've never met, but since the crash report gives my tag and car information, the Bureau says I'm responsible!

I'm trying to sort out this mess, but the Bureau, the High Patrol office in Tampa and some other gov offices don't have a procedure and seemingly don't know how to help. It's sort of "Too bad, but we don't make mistakes" or a "Can't help you there. It's your info so that makes you guilty" attitude. I've called the trooper leaving messages. I'm still waiting.

Does anyone know what or who I can go to regarding this? Has this happened to anyone before?



Answer
They obviously got your tag mixed up with the real driver's tag. I would contact the traffic supervisor for the patrol and straighten it out with him.

813/632-6859...ask for a supervisor. If you do not get anywhere, call the local news




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment