Tuesday, September 10, 2013

How do I Change my car registration from CT to MA?

car info by registration on Please note: we DO NOT add registration numbers to our Key Rings , or ...
car info by registration image



Mark J


I moved from CT to MA, and I want my license plate to be changed & registered here in MA. I can't find any good info on how to go about this.


Answer
Bring your title, ID and proof of residency to the Mass RMV.

How long until car registration expires?




mommy


I know someone that just got his registration for the first time and now he has to renew it. It's been less than a year (about 6 months) since he got his registration, how come it expired so quickly? Are all car registrations like that?
The state is California.
Registered in Feb and expires in August.
None of the above months is the birth month.



Answer
In CA you don't turn in your old plate when you sell a vehicle. Sounds like he bought a car and the registration was still valid until August. From then on, it will be once yearly, but the first one can be less than a year.

See "What to do when purchasing a car from a private party?" at http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/vr_info.htm for more on the subject.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment