Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Is there a way to find the name/address of the owner of a car with just the license plate number?

car info from license plate on License Plates & Placards in Washington
car info from license plate image



drnotwhoyo


I saw a car recently with a for sale sign in the window but I couldn't make out the phone number posted. I wrote down the license plate number hoping maybe I'd be able to track it down. Is it possible to do that? I've looked for info, but everything online seems to need the vin number, which I do not have. Any help appreciated.


Answer
Honestly I don't believe that you will be able to get the information from the dmv or any other completely legal action. There is a law called the privacy law. It does not permit information about someone to be given out. What I suggest is that you leave a note on the car asking the seller to rewrite the phone number clearer so that it can be read and then call him.

How do I get registration, title, and license plates for a new car in California?




tsc_qanda


When you purchase a new car from a dealership in California, how do you get the registration, title, and license plates? Does the dealer submit your registration and will you receive the title, license plates, and registration stickers in the mail?


Answer
Yes, all the info is sent by them to the DMV. They will then send you the paperwork and license plates. You won't get the title though unless you paid cash in full.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment