Friday, February 21, 2014

Geico Car insurance online quotes?




jason_nars


when going online with geico car insurance and getting your quote with your drivers licence included in the quote and you proceed to checkout is the quoted price what you will pay im just curious if anyone has experience with geico


Answer
No. your quote is not accurate. Every company will still ask for your DL number, your real age, your real address and so on. Everything you do with quotes online will still be verified with the states insurance database. When you "proceed to checkout" they will now run your records, and re-calculate your estimate. You would be better off calling a local agent like Allstate. They can offer more discounts than the computer, or a call center. If you said you are a Homeowner, and not, the quote online gives you the discount for buying your Homeowners Insurance through them. Geico doesn't sell Homeowners Insurance in my state. So this discount would not apply. I you said you were 42, and actually 19, it will be found out. You may get a hit (for inaccurate info) and be charged higher rates than being honest. Just saying.

Totally outrageous car insurance quote?




xandera


I had some issues paying my car insurance and it was cancelled. I called by ins company today to renew it. They told me they couldn't renew my policy but they have a buddy company that can give me an insurance policy. So they get all my info and they quoted me 730 dollars a month!
I understand I have bad driving history and I let my insurance get cancelled, but that doesn't seem right at all, I was paying 100 dollars a month before. That doesn't even seem like a real number to charge someone for car insurance, it's more than I pay for rent!



Answer
Apparently they have decided to place you in their companion company which is their "high risk" division. This is standard procedure after being canceled. As for whether the premium amount is too high or not. The only way to see if it is in line is to get quotes from other companies.

I have a very strong hunch that they would rather not insure you at all, hence the high premium.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment