Sunday, February 16, 2014

Why do news stations keep implying the economy is recovering?




Political


Are they still nervous it isn't?

Do they need to keep telling us if it isn't obvious?



Answer
The economy is recovering to the extent that new ranks of government employees are spending more on new cars and eating at better restaurants.

That's a crude summation, but tells the tale.

Can my NCO force me to buy a car from him?




novemberli


I am an E3 in the US Army. Been deployed to Afghanistan twice, just got back in February. Just got into a 2009 Ford Focus... 3,000 miles on it.... 21% interest rate on the car loan that the dealership set me up with. Been looking for a car forever, this is the best deal I'm able to afford with my terrible credit. Let my NCO's in on the good news about
Sorry it cut off the rest of my question.

Let my NCO's in on the good news and have since been told, not asked... but TOLD.... to return the car and purchase one of their clunkers for 1300. I have been told that if do not do what my NCO says, that i will be demoted/article 15. Does my NCO have this type of authority over my finances?



Answer
21 %? On PFC pay? Run, do not walk away from that deal. If you deployed 2 times you should have more than enough money to buy a beater.

From the rank of Private to SGT. I owned a 1972 Ford Fairmont. It was not pretty, but it got me from point A to Point B.

When I went to actually buy a new car I had a 2k down payment and my interest rate was 3.5%.

My big question is Why are you still a PFC with 3 years in the military and 2 deployments?


EDIT:


Your NCO has done you a HUGE favor, return the car before the 3 days are up! You just got ripped by the dealership. Most Commanders put directives out these days to make sure young soldiers take an NCO with them to the dealers off post so those soldiers do not get ripped off...

I know now with the new information you gave.....you went off post to one of those lemon lots, bought something that looked pretty, more than likely has huge miles and was lot financed? And it probably will not last 12 months before something huge goes wrong and your 30 day warranty is gone.

I do not know what you bought. Say you bought a 24k Chevy Silverado @21% for 5 years (60 months)

That would be a 700 a month car payment with 452 of that going to interest MONTHLY!

All that NCO was doing it giving you an order to save you the headache coming your way....




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment