Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Need suggestions on a car for tall person that has kids or info on toyotas if anyone has one ?




baba02703


I am looking to buy a new car. problem is I am a leggy six feet tall and I have small kids. so I need a car that will have enough room for me yet not take up all the room in the back seat. I need room for the kids. I don't have alot of money to spend. Can afford up to 16 grand max so I am looking at an 2008 or 2009. I am interested in the toyota or maybe a hybrid of some sort. right now I drive a 2004 Altima but I want to a newer one. In that car I never use all the trunk space plus my little one always kicks my seat when I drive because I have to put my seat all the way back. I cant afford a newer Altima besides I think they are just too big and I want better gas milage.


Answer
Minivan. Doesn't matter which one.

Hmm, gas mileage is an issue for you. Okay, the Fit fits people pretty well. The Mazda5 is a sneaky minivan - it looks like a zippy tall wagon but it has three rows of seats (they're kind of loose with that "rows" bit)

Get a new Malibu. They're roomy inside, plenty of length for your legs.

My 16 year old daughter wants a new car for her BDay, any advice?




MaHaa


My daughter is very responsible, takes care of herself (she's a diabetic), does well academically and socially in school, does chores as part of our family without having to be asked and chooses to earn her money, instead of looking for hand outs. She is a great kid and it is now time for her to get her 1st car. She has done her research, research that has not only informed us (her parents)in depth but the research was done totally on her own. She presented us with cost, taxes, title, and insurance,what the vehicle got for miles per gallon,....basically she worked out a budget for herself. My question lies within the following, she fell in love with the Toyota Camry Hybrid and I have to admit, she loves it for good reasons. I do not know much about the car ,or the pros and cons to owning a hyrid of any sort. Any information regarding hyrids, their safety history, what kind of vehicle your kids drove for thier 1st car,etc anything that can help this very proud but very nervous Mom
You all are great and the comments are appreciated more than you know. One thing you need to know, my daughter has been saving her money for her 1st car for 1 1/2 years now (with her babysitting $) and starts her 1st retail job on Monday. Her father and she have the following agreement:If you put your entire check in the bank to save, in return Dad will match every cent you saved for your car...plus give you an extra $20 for weekend spending $" She is a great kid! And very responsible. But is this too much?

I just don't know if this is a safe car and if buying her oone or actuall
My daghter has been saving money for her first car by babysitting, doing odd jobs around the heighborhood, and has put every single penny in the bank. For that reason, we will match the amount she has saved.



Answer
the HyCam is a GREAT car, but it's way too much for someone her age. this is a very high end toyota, with all sorts of luxury add-ons that most 16 year olds would never dream of.

she needs to drive a used car for a while at first, i didn't get my first new car until i was 22, financed it under just me and my husband, we are much more appreciative of it. you need to set lower standards at first for her to let her aspire to better things and make her work for them, rather than setting her at the top right away. 16 is just too young- i was also quite responsible at 16, i was fully supporting myself while going to high school, working 35 hours a week, and saving for college. but i was not ready for a brand new car (as much as i really wanted one). i drove an old, crappy buick until after i finished college. and i was happy to do so now that i look back.

in summary, you DO NOT need a new car at the age of 16. how about a used prius or a used camry? they are also great cars, highly reliable if maintained correctly, and very safe.

just for some hybrid safety info, the HyCam is equipped with side, side curtain, front, and driver knee airbags. the prius is equipped with all of the above minus the knee. the high voltage system cuts off in the case of an accident, so that there are no problems with safety in an extraction. i've seen some nasty accidents with the prius that people have survived with minimal injuries. the passenger cage is amazing. i'm sure the camry hybrid has a similar cage structure.

seriously though, that car is way too much. i hope you consider other options.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment