Sunday, February 16, 2014

How to Release Liability on car?




SERG


Hi,
I just sold my 1999 Civic to a guy. Well first off. he text me that he was interested in seeing my car, but he had told me that his sister was going to pick up the car and pay me that day. She came thru and payed me, she then told me that her brother didn't show up because of work. So i signed the Pink Slip and had told her to give it to him to sign and return my side of the slip and his too. well the guy hasn't done it. it's been almost a month and he received 5 Bridge Toll tickets. $30.00 Each. He also didn't check the engine oil and he had text me something about the "Engine being Shot/Doesn't work". Well to make it shorter. I have no info about him (just his Number), and i was wondering if i can trace his number online( with his address, if possible), and release the car on the DMV website. Would it be invading his privacy?? Has he not registered the car because of the indecent??



Answer
You have to sign the title of the car over to him. Then, you have to file an "affidavit of transfer of title" or something similarly named, with your state. AND, you'd have to cancel the tags on the car. It will probably cost you less than $25 to do all that - and you NEED to do it.

Car knocks when I press on the gas and brake?




Darnell


I have a 98 Honda Accord EX four cylinder. me and my gf are planning a three hour trip to western nc. I just got it fixed on and it starts to knock when I press on the brake. It doesn't knock during the drive but it only does that when I'm pressing the brakes. And the engine light came on. could it be the front end? It just started doing that, is it drivable for great distances or should I get this squared away.


Answer
You need to get that checked out before taking that car on a trip. Especially a trip to the mountains where it will be under a heavier strain climbing hills etc. The last thing you need is for it to break down on you 3 hours from home. Talk about being in a mess!

I did a little looking for a possible cause of your knocking problem. It may be the knock sensor has gone bad on your car. That may be the easiest thing to check first. Here is a link to some info on the knock sensor. It explains the purpose of it and the fact that it's very bad for your engine to be knocking. http://www.redlinemotive.com/replacement/honda/knocksensor.asp

Here is a link to the overall search I did for your car and knocking. Browse through some of the results and see if you can find anything else that's helpful. https://www.google.com/search?q=98+Honda+Accord+EX+four+cylinder&oq=98+Honda+Accord+EX+four+cylinder&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&ie=UTF-8#espv=210&q=98+Honda+Accord+EX+four+cylinder+knocking

Here is a link to a video of a guy changing a knock sensor. This isn't specific to your car but his text below the video says that it is typical to your car and others. Looks to be a very easy fix to me and I'm sure you can do it. You can save yourself a lot of $ with a few hours of your time if you're handy with cars etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FPGRtk0dUk

Good luck to you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment